LGBTI Pride Madrid 2018
Orgullo Madrid 2018
The LGBTIQA+ Pride Madrid 2018 (Orgullo Madrid) will be held from June 28 to July 8 and will commemorate the first Pride celebration of the city, which was held 40 years ago. This year Pride Madrid will also dedicate a special mention to transgender people. Although the celebration officially starts on July 4, the neighborhoods of Lavapiés, Malasaña and el Barrio de las Letras, will start celebratig "Pride of the Neighborhood" on June 29. If you are visiting Madrid, get the most unique experience with BE Apartment in the best luxury apartments in Madrid and other famous cities, for your security, pleasure and comfort.
The Pride Madrid 2018 kicks off on the first Saturday after June 28, which is the International LGBTIQA+ Pride Day. The city has prepared a complete program with free outdoor concerts, parties, art, culture and sports around the Chueca neighborhood, right in the center of the city. from June 28 to July 8 the facade of Palacio de Cibeles will display the rainbow flag that symbolizes the commitment of Madrid with LGBTIQA+ Pride. Puerta de Alcalá and the fountain of the Cibeles will also be apinted in rainbow colors!
In addition, the cycle "Girl in Girl", which presents a program full of activities with women as protagonist, from films to painting, will be held at the Teatro La Latina until July 2. The traditional LGBTIQA+ parade of the Pride Madrid will take place on July 7 and will continue the route of the recent years. It will start at the Atocha station, will cross the Paseo del Prado and Recoletos and will end at Colón. Pride Madrid will also hold different concerts on various stages located in different parts of the Chueca neighborhood and surrounding areas, such as Puerta del Sol, Plaza España, Plaza Pedro Zerolo, Plaza del Rey, or Puerta de Alcalá.
The artists that will give concerts for LGBTIQA+ Pride Madrid are Beatriz Luengo, Brisa Fenoy and King Jedet on Thursday, July 5. The rest of the days will be dedicated to promoting Latin American artists such as Rozalén, JNS, Nalaya and Ibiza Pareo, and paying tribute to Eurovision with Baccara, Betty Missiego, Karina, Micky, Lucía Pérez, Barei or Sonia Madoc, among others. The stage of la Plaza del Rey becomes la Plaza de las Reinas with the performances of Soleá Morente, Marilia, Mercedes Ferrer, Kenya, Cintia Lund, Ruth Lorenzo and Belén Arjona, among many others.
Chueca is the center of the most activities of LGBTIQA+ Pride Madrid, though this year the area of Madrid Río will join too. Around el Puente del Rey, different stands from national and internationalLGBTIQA+ and Human Rights associations, LGBTIQA+ and "gay friendly" companies will hold an exhibition. There will also be seminars, workshops and round tables on human rights and social issues. The educational part is mixed with music, dance, theater and food trucks!
Check out a brief program of LGBTIQA+ Pride Madrid and do not miss a thing!
- Thursday, June 28: 40 Years of LGBTIQA+ Pride in Madrid.
- Friday, June 29: Neighborhood Pride: Malasaña, Barrio de las Las Letras, Lavapiés and Chueca will host various events and activities.
- Monday, July 2: The inaguration of Madrid Summit 2018.
- Wednesday, July 4: Pride Opening Ceremony: The Pride Madrid celebration will kick off at the Plaza Pedro Zerolo, which will host 5 days of outdoor concerts, performances, and cultural and sports activities. All the events taking place on the square are free of charge.
- Thursday, July 5: High Heeled Race.
- Friday, July 6: 11th Edition of Mr Gay Pride Spain 2018.
- Saturday, July 7: The Parade, the Pride's main event, will make its way along Paseo del Prado and Recoletos, from Atocha to Colón:
- 5:00 pm Start of the parade
- 7:30 pm Last banner leaving
- 8:15 pm First float leaving
- 10:45 pm Last float leaving
- 12:30 am Last float passes through Cibeles
- Sunday, July 8: Closing Ceremony: The final event of Madrid Gay Pride 2018.