The Best Flamenco in Sevilla
BE APARTMENT offers you the best luxury apartments and the most elegant experience in Sevilla and other European cities, come and enjoy it with us!
For an amazing stay in Sevilla we offer you the most elegant Luxury Apartments that we have distributed throughout the city so you can enjoy comfort, design and security that BE APARTMENT provides you.
Flamenco is incredibly popular in Sevilla, but do you know about the best places where you can see it? The trouble is, it’s hard to know which shows are offering the real deal and which are going to be disappointing. For this reason, there is a list of places to see and hear flamenco in Sevilla and have the best possible experience!
1) Los Gallos Tablao Flamenco. As one of Sevilla’s oldest tablaos (places to see Flamenco) this is a historic renovated house which uses the traditional architecture of the original building to create an authentic feel to the place. With incredible shows of singing, dancing, and flamenco guitar, as well as a generous variety of cocktails and sangria, it is the perfect place to visit for an authentic night of Spanish tradition.
2) Tablao El Arenal. Situated in an ideal location between the cathedral and Guadalquivir River, Tablao El Arenal is a historic 17th-century Andalusian building and is one of the only venues in Sevilla to be run by a former flamenco dancer, the great Curro Vélez. Offering high-quality dishes of Andalusian cuisine, including traditional tapas dishes with a generous assortment of 17 dancers on stage, it is a very Sevillan place to visit.
3) El Palacio Andaluz. A theater setting offering the largest stage compared to other tablaos in Sevilla, is situated in a renovated warehouse, and holds an impressive reputation due to its performances by award-winning artists. Described as presenting unique shows in Spain due to traditional performances accompanied by a short adaptation of the Carmen opera, El Palacio Andaluz is renowned for its faithful roots to Spanish popular culture.
4) Casa de la Memoria. With its 18th-century patio, it is a distinctive venue for flamenco due to its performances of talented students from local schools. With its shows being recommended in many guide books, this tablao is an incredibly popular establishment to visit. Every performance takes place in a small, cozy theater, and offers beautiful views of the patio of the palace. With very limited places available, this rather exclusive tablao is the ideal place for visitors hoping to experience the delights of flamenco dancing in a scenic environment.
5) El Patio Sevillano. Originating in the 1900s, this historic venue situated in the heart of Sevilla has much to offer. Featuring several different flamenco styles, such as sevillanas as well as traditional Spanish dance, El Patio Sevillano provides an authentic dancing experience. With numerous flamenco dancers rising to fame from performing at this tablao, visitors are promised a night of stunning performances. Also offering a delicious assortment of tapas dishes and fruity alcoholic refreshments, El Patio Sevillano is sure to not disappoint.
6) Casa del Flamenco. It´s a beautiful venue—the show takes place on the internal patio of a building nestled in the Santa Cruz neighborhood. As well as the fantastic location, the show is wonderful. Its main claim to fame is that it’s one of the only shows in Sevilla that doesn’t use some kind of microphones or amplification. Expect to see all aspects of flamenco here—different styles of dancing, singing, and guitar, and be prepared for an energetic performance! Although it is recommended to arrive 15 minutes early to get a good seat, there aren’t really any bad seats in the house.
7) Casa de la Guitarra. Not only does Casa de la Guitarra offer an intimate nightly show, they have a collection of flamenco guitars which is worth having a look at! This space is very small and intimate, with only enough stage space for one dancer, but you can’t beat the vibe of the venue. Unlike many of our favorite flamenco places in Sevilla, here they will reserve seats!
8) Museo del Baile Flamenco. It is not a traditional museum, but an all-in-one experience! You can learn about flamenco dance, song, and guitar, as well as the history of the art. They have shows every evening alongside the museum, which you can book tickets for separately or all together. If you’re planning to be in Sevilla for a longer period of time, you can take classes to learn to dance, sing or play the guitar in the traditional flamenco style. It’s the perfect way to round of your flamenco experience! This is a great place to not only see flamenco but also to get a sense of the history and culture.
Do not loose the opportunity to enjoy Sevilla and participate in its events! If you´ve decided to spend few days in the city you can always stay in our Luxury Apartments by BE APARTMENT in the centre of Sevilla, the best luxury apartments in the city.