Top 5 attractions of the Catalan Pyrenees
BE APARTMENT offers you the best luxury apartments and the most elegant experience in the Pyrenees, come and enjoy its nature and activities with the best Luxury Apartments!
For an amazing stay in the Pyrenees we offer you the most elegant Luxury Apartments that we have in the nicest towns of the region, so you can enjoy comfort, design and security that BE APARTMENT provides you.
Catalonia is known for its diverse landscape, sophistication, unique language, renowned cuisine and cultural trend-setting. In Catalonia, nature-lovers will discover not only a pleasant, temperate Mediterranean climate, but also a wealth of culturally rich and diverse landscapes, unique to this amazing area of the Pyrenees mountains. If you are going to visit the Pyrenees counties you will find the highest rated ski resorts in the Pyrenees, the best rafting in Europe, a unique, rich, artistic, religious, and architectural heritage, distinct and striking mountain scenery, and distinguished culinary traditions. Therefore, what are the main attractions of this region?
1) The spectacular parks and protected natural spaces of the Catalan Pyrenees are known for their pristine forests, high peaks and heavenly meadows, rushing rivers, winding streams and thundering waterfalls. Within their boundaries you´ll find plenty of rare, flora and fauna, large networks of well-marked trails for walking or biking, free mountain refuges for accommodation, as well as UNESCO World Heritage Romanesque architecture and archaeological remains.
2) All kinds of sports in the Catalan Pyrenees can be enjoyed throughout the year. What´s more, this province boasts the highest rated skiing, and most resorts in all the Pyrenees mountains. The vast and varied landscape of the Catalan Pyrenees provides the perfect setting for all kinds of mountain adventure.This amazing area has the most ski resorts in Spain, lots of well-marked walking routes, special networks of trails for cycling and mountain biking, renowned river rafting and water sports, choice climbing and caving, plus famous sites for mountain flying, birding and golf. Having long been the hub of the latest in culture, the region of Catalonia is rife with all kinds of artistic achievements.
3) Everything from Gothic, Romanesque, and Modernist architecture to medieval murals, castles and museums. Not to mention the artworks by Picasso, Dalí, Miró and Gaudí. Festivals in the Pyrenees of Catalonia are famous for their medieval music, traditional dance, crazy caricature costumes, and truly spectacular displays of pagan fire rituals, and daring pyrotechnics. Catalonia´s calendar is full of all kinds of fairs, markets, concerts and festivities. One of the best is the Patum of Berga, an ancient and awesome festival of fire and dance, which has been granted World Heritage Status by UNESCO.
4) The Pyrenees is the land of Spa resorts! In the province of Lleida you will find 2 best spas. The first is Sant Vicenç (in Els Banys de Sant Viçens). You will love it, because here you can forget about stress and dedicate time to beauty with its treatments of paraffin, mud, clay and algae wraps, and shiatsu massage. The second spa resort we would recommend in Lleida is Caldas de Boí (in Barruera), 8 kilometres from the Boí Taüll Alpine Ski Resort. It is located in the heart of the Aigüestortes i Estany de Sant Maurici National Park and besides its beauty centre there is also a thermal centre with jacuzzi-spa, natural rock heaters, mud treatments, underwater massages, jet showers (circular and bio-thermal), recovery pool and relaxation room.
5) Catalan cooks and chefs continually receive international critical acclaim for their excellent cuisine. In fact, two of the five best restaurants in the world are in Catalonia. Gastronomy of Catalonia is distinguished by its special character, and ingenious combinations of traditional recipes with more modern ones. In the high mountains and lush valleys of the Catalan Pyrenees, more common are the hearty and meaty dishes. This area of the mountains is famous for its red meat: "Vedella dels Pirineus Catalans", mountain sausages (called fuet), llonganisa, or butifarra, and mixed stews called "Escudella". You´ll also find excellent cheeses, white wines, Champagne (called Cava in Catalonia), and a wide variety of wild mushrooms in Autumn!
Do not loose the opportunity to enjoy the Pyrenees and our Luxury Apartments by BE APARTMENT, the best luxury apartments in the Pyrenees.